Volunteering is a way to spread hope and happiness to the community, often with nonprofit organizations. Nonprofit organizations issue a volunteering certificate for each volunteer to appreciate their work. Please browse our site to get a free volunteering certificate template. These templates are printable and available in PDF, Word, and other formats. A volunteer appreciation certificate is the best way to show gratitude and deep appreciation for volunteers. In this article, you find everything that you want to know about volunteering.
- Accounting Templates
- Art & Media
- Budget Templates
- Business Templates
- Calendar Templates
- Education Templates
- Inventory Templates
- Invoice Templates
- Letter Templates
- Medical Templates
- Personal Templates
- Project Plan Templates
- Timesheet Templates
What Is A Volunteering Certificate?
A volunteering certificate is a document that a volunteer receives from nonprofit organizations for doing a great job. People send a letter of a volunteer to the charitable organization to present themselves as a volunteer. Volunteers received a certificate of appreciation and recognition at the end of their work from the organization, where he serves as a volunteer to help others for a better life. It may be a charity auction, which allows people to do something in a better way, spread awareness, and makes some donations. You may receive a donation receipt when the donation has been made and a volunteer certificate if you serve as a volunteer. You can get a free printable volunteering certificate of appreciation template in the format that you prefer.
Download Free Volunteering Certificate Templates
Volunteering certificates should contain essential information about volunteering, a description of volunteering work, and details of the nonprofit organization. There are many benefits of this certificate it may help get a scholarship, and admission to school or college and have a good impact on employers in the recruitment process. If you are responsible for issuing a volunteering certificate, then you should see our collection of volunteer appreciation certificate templates and download these printable templates in Word and PDF. Volunteer certificate letter templates are well-designed and easy to use. It is vital to include some gratitude words to appreciate the volunteers in your certificate by downloading the thank you volunteering certificate template.
key Component of Volunteering Certificate
There are numerous benefits of volunteering certificates, but you can get all the benefits if it contains the essential component. Some essential elements that must be included in every volunteering certificate are as follows:
- The name of the organization, logo, address, and contact details.
- Volunteer’s name, address, and phone number.
- A statement about the work that the volunteer did with the title.
- The purpose of this certificate.
- The date with month and year when this certificate is issued to the volunteer.
- Some appreciation words to thank the volunteer.
- The name of the place where the volunteer works, type of work, working hours, and other details.
- The name of the authorized person with a signature who issued this certificate.
The above things must be included in the volunteering certificate, but you can add more things to make it a detailed document.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering is work that a person or group of people does to help others. Nonprofit organizations need a team that helps them to do volunteer work to make others’ lives better without any expectation of return back. There are significant benefits to volunteering. Some benefits of volunteering are as follows:
- Helps to make new friends: If you want to improve your social community, then volunteering is the best option to communicate with new people. It is the best way to help others with lots of enjoyment and fun.
- Boost your confidence: A shy person can’t build great relationships with others. When you meet new people with kind and helping hearts, then it increases your confidence and helps you to do something better in your life.
- Good for physical and mental health: Volunteering is not easy work. You may go outside to help people; then it is good for your physical health. When you think someone lives a better life because of you, it makes you happy and feels relaxed. Volunteering is best for your mental and physical health.
- Decrease depression: Loneliness and a limited social circle of a person increase the depression level. When you do something for someone without any payment, and your little effort makes someone’s life better, it makes you feel happy and decreases your depression. Volunteering helps you to make a wider social circle and make new friends.
- Gain work experience: When you provide some community service, a certificate is issued that describes your work and shows which type of work experience you have. If you are a student, then volunteering is a great option to gain work experience in your free time. If you have skills like teamwork, problem-solving, planning, and communication, then volunteering is the best option to apply in practical life.
- Important for your career: When you apply for a job, a volunteer certificate in your resume has a positive effect on the employer that you do something for others to make their life better without any expectation of return.
How To Write A Volunteer Certificate
Volunteering is a selfless and priceless act that a person or group of people performed to spread love and happiness. Volunteers need nothing in return for the work and effort that they performed to make the better life of others except for some appreciation words. It is easy to create volunteer certificates by downloading the Volunteers certificate or certificate of appreciation templates in Word. These templates are free and editable, which means you can edit them as you need. If you want to create your one, then you should see the sample volunteer certificate templates in PDF that assist you while creating the volunteer certificate for the ngo. See the following steps to write a volunteer certificate.
Step 1: Download the volunteer certificate template in a format that is best for you.
Step 2: Write the name of your organization and insert the logo by editing it.
Step 3: The address and contact details of the organization. It is necessary to include contact details. It helps the volunteer to contact the organization again to serve as a volunteer.
Step 4: Write down the name of the volunteer and the title.
Step 5: State the details of work that the volunteer did like hours, type of job, and others.
Step 6: It is vital to include some appreciation words in the certificate that encourage the volunteers to serve as a volunteer again.
Step 7: The name of the authorized person of the organization with a signature at the end of the certificate. The signature is usually from the head of the organization or the managing director.
Types of Volunteer Work
With different types of volunteer work, you can help others in many ways. Some basic types of volunteer work are as follows:
- Formal: Formal volunteering includes long-term work where the volunteer provides service regularly. Informal volunteering, things are well-defined, planned, and structured. It may contain fundraising, setting up food for homeless people, educating the street children, and so on.
- Non-Formal: The things are not clearly defined, planned, and not structured. The volunteering work in non-formal is short-term. It may be cleaning a street, arranging some books for needy people, and so on.
- Environmental: The work to resolve environmental issues and help people who suffer from climate change is included in the environmental volunteer work. Because of heavy rain, storms, snowfalls, earthquakes, and other earth disasters people who suffer in it need help, then the nonprofit organization needs a team to help these people.
- Social action volunteering: In social action volunteering, people work for the same goals. This type of volunteering is not planned, but in some situations, it is. It may be the rallies or campaigns to achieve a specific goal.
Different Volunteering Certificate Templates
We share a collection of the best free printable letter of appreciation templates that makes your work simpler, easier, and more efficient. Different volunteering certificate templates are used for various purposes; some of these are as follows:
- Volunteering certificate for students: If a student serves as a volunteer in a nonprofit organization during the volunteering work, a certificate is issued as proof of his/her work as a volunteer. It may help the student to get admission to college or school or also be useful for other purposes. You can get a volunteer certificate for student templates in different formats.
- Volunteering certificate for the scholarship: Some organizations issued scholarships only to those people who serve as a volunteer in it. Organizations place some conditions like if a student serves as a volunteer for specified hours, then he/she can get this scholarship. For scholarship purposes, the format of the volunteering certificate is different from commonly used certificates. Download a volunteering certificate for scholarship templates from our site to make your work easier.
- Volunteering certificate for job application: In the recruitment process, the volunteering certificate has a positive impact on the employer that you do some work for others. It increases the chances of getting the job. If you are responsible for writing the volunteer certificate, then you use our templates of volunteering certificate for job application in Word and PDF.