A business cover page template is used in the corporate world to describe the essential information about your business. It is the first and most important page in a business plan to give an overview of your business. If you want to grab the attention of the reader, then it is vital to design it efficiently by downloading free business plan cover page templates available in a variety of designs that you find nowhere else. In this article, you can find everything about the cover page and find well-designed templates to create a fantastic cover page for your business.
- Accounting Templates
- Art & Media
- Budget Templates
- Business Templates
- Calendar Templates
- Education Templates
- Inventory Templates
- Invoice Templates
- Letter Templates
- Medical Templates
- Personal Templates
- Project Plan Templates
- Timesheet Templates
What is a Business Cover Page?
Cover pages are used to describe some important things related to a specific object. A cover letter is commonly used with resumes, reports, and business plans. A resume cover letter is used to provide additional information about your skills, experiment, and some other information that shows how you are perfect for this job. It is also called a letter of introduction or a motivational letter.
In this way, the first page of a business plan referred to as the cover page used to give an overview of your business to the reader. It should contain the name of the business company, logo, contact details, and other key information about the business that helps the reader to know about your business. A well-formatted and well-designed cover page engage the reader with a business plan document.
Download Free Business Cover Page Templates
The business plan cover page is usually designed to present the purpose of this document to the investor. It should be written in a clear, concise, and professional way. You can get free business cover page template designs in different formats. If you are writing a business plan or proposal, then make sure it should be written according to a standard format like MLA formatting. The cover page has significant importance in many documents; for example, if you are applying for an accountant job, then you should download an accounting cover letter template to place additional information about your skills and expertise.
Key components of the business cover page
If you want to take all the advantages of a business cover page, then make sure it should have all the key information about your business. The cover page is usually placed after the table of content and before starting the actual document. What should be included on the cover page depends on the purpose of the document. The things that should be included on the cover page:
- Title of the document
- The subtitle of the document
- Name of your business company
- It should include the logo of your business company.
- Address and contact details of your company like phone number, email address, and web address.
- The date when this document is complete.
- A statement that describes the purpose of this document.
The cover page is a way to give an overview of your business and state what’s inside this document. It is standard to include all the above components on your cover page, but you can add more things to make it more detailed while creating a business report cover page. You can find a business report cover page template to make it more effective.
Benefits of the business cover page
A cover page in business matters a lot for a report or plan. It is one of the most important and critical components of a document. For various purposes, there are different types of business cover page templates, which we discussed in the next section. There are significant benefits to it. Some of these are as follows:
- Give an overview: When you present a business plan to the investor or bankers for investment, then it is necessary to give a brief description of your business. Sometimes the overview of your business is enough. The business cover page provides critical information about your business to the reader. The reader must know about the presentative of the business plan; then, the cover page is the best way to do that.
- Gain attention: A cover letter written in a clear, concise, professional, and appropriate manner grabs the attention of the reader and engages him to read the whole document.
- Shows professionalism: A well-formatted and well-designed business cover page shows professionalism. It is the best way to brand your business with a few lines of description.
- Help to stand out: In the corporate world, the competition is so high. But your company can stand out with a well-designed cover page to grab the attention of the investor and help to achieve your desired goals.
- Positive impact on the reader: The primary purpose of the cover page is to provide information about your business in a professional manner. A slight introduction to your company has a good impact on the reader.
How to format business cover page in Word
Sometimes it is tedious to format a business cover page, but ready-made templates make your work simpler and easier. It is necessary to write a formal cover page for business proposals and presentations. Get a business proposal cover page template in your favorite format. Below we share some points that help you to format it efficiently in Word.
- Open Microsoft Word. Click on the “Blank Document,” and a document will open on your screen.
- Go to the “Insert” tab and click on the “Cover page.” A list of well-designed cover pages will appear on your screen. Select any of these that are perfect for you.
- The first thing for the branding of your business is your company logo. Go to the Insert tab, click the “Picture” and add the logo of your company on the cover page.
- Write the title of your document by selecting different colors and font styles.
- Write the name of your company that must be smaller than the title of the document.
- Enter the contact details like the company’s office address, phone number, Email address, and web address if you have them.
- Enter the date when this cover page is completed with months and years.
- After that, write a line that describes the purpose of this document.
Things to focus on while writing a business cover page
If you write a useful cover page, then you’ll receive all the advantages of it that help you to make something better for your business. The things that you must consider while writing it are as follows:
- Keep it short and simple: The design of the cover page should be simple and the content on it easy to read and understand. The name of the company with contact details and logo is enough to give an overview of your business.
- Be professional: It should be formatted appropriately. Try to include essential information about your business that engages the reader.
- Keep it focused: Make sure it should include related information about your business. A few lines provide an excellent overview of your company.
- Avoid spelling mistakes: Edit and edit again to eliminate the spelling and grammar mistakes from your document.
- Clearly defined: It is necessary to write all the things on the cover page in a clear and concise manner that is easily understandable by every person. Try to write things clearly to grab the attention of the investors.
Different types of cover page templates
As we discussed above, there are various types of cover pages for different purposes. You can see the cover page for business proposals, business plans and resumes have different types of content. Commonly used cover page templates are as follows:
- Essay cover page: The essay cover page is the first page of the essay that includes essential information about the content and author of it. You can find the best essay cover page templates to make the title of your essay incredible. The reader usually gets quick ideas from this title page.
- Report cover page: It is the first page of the report that defines the name of the person who drafted it and stated the purpose of it with the date. A report cover page template is used to design an impressive cover page for the report quickly. It is commonly used in academic and professional areas.
- Portfolio cover page: Portfolio used to describe the abilities, expertise, and skills of your in documents. A portfolio cover page is used to give an idea to the reader of what he/she finds inside it. You can download the cover page for the portfolio template to easily make it.
- Cover page for resume: If you want to get hired for a job, then use the resume cover page to get the attention of the employer in the recruitment process. It includes your skills, abilities, expertise, and other additional information that engages the employer to see your CV.