Table of Contents
- 1 Luggage Tag Template
- 2 Why do we need the luggage tag
- 3 What to include in the luggage tag
- 4 How to create luggage tag in Word
- 5 Benefits of luggage tag
- 6 Effective tips to keep your luggage safe
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
When some passengers have the same bags in travel, then the luggage tag template helps you make a tag for your luggage to identify your bag. Browse our site to download free personalized luggage tag templates available in Word, PDF, PSD, and other formats. People carry important things in their luggage when they go out for personal or office traveling, and if something is lost, a big problem may arise. The sample of luggage tag templates helps you to design it effectively for your business and personal traveling. It is an essential traveling accessory that gives identity to your luggage and less the chance to misplace your bag. The custom luggage tag should be placed inside or outside your bag that helps you to find it easily and quickly. See below to learn more about luggage tag templates.
- Accounting Templates
- Art & Media
- Budget Templates
- Business Templates
- Calendar Templates
- Education Templates
- Inventory Templates
- Letter Templates
- Medical Templates
- Personal Templates
- Project Plan Templates
- Timesheet Templates
Luggage Tag Template
If you want to make sure your bag’s safety, then a luggage tag is the best way to save the bag from misplacing. There are so many bags in traveling with the same color, size, and design; you can easily find your bag if you place a luggage tag on it. The luggage bag tag should contain your first name, last name, phone number, address, and other information that you want to add. The information placed on the language tag helps the finder contact and return you if you lost your bag. The printable luggage tag templates are available in different sizes and designs; you can pick the templates according to your need. When you go out for your business tour, you carry essential files and equipment from your office, and losing the luggage with these things may create big problems for your professional career.
You should use your name badge issues from your company on your business trip; it shows professionalism. You can see the travel request form template to submit requests for all things that you need from your company on this tour. If you travel by air, the airline issues a luggage tag that contains that information about your flight and contact information. The airline luggage tag may contain some error that may take you in some serious problem, that’s why you should use your luggage tag and make sure it contains the valid information. You can easily find your checked bag from the baggage carousel at the airport. The luggage tag is essential for everyone who travels via bus, air, and train. The luggage id template available in Word, PDF, PSD, and other image formats helps track your luggage easily.
Why do we need the luggage tag
The luggage tag is an essential tool to track your luggage and make your tour enjoyable. When there are bags with the same color design and size, it is vital to save your luggage from stealing and misplacing. It is needed whether you travel within or outside the country. The sturdy tag inside or outside the bag helps you prevent any difficulties that may arise from losing the luggage. See below to know the importance of luggage tags.
- Identify the luggage: When you travel via land or air, there are so many passengers whose luggage suitcase matches with your suitcase. It may increase the chances of exchanging bags that create problems for you. The luggage tag found outside the bag lessens the chances of exchanging the bag and quickly identifying it from the baggage carousel.
- Lessen the chance of losing: If you want to prevent yourself from any luggage stealing and losing headache, then a luggage tag is the best option for you. It is helpful to find your bag easily and quickly.
- Help the bag finder to contact: In case you lost your bag, then the information placed on the luggage bag helps the bag finder to reach and return you. Your tour will not be ruined by using our editable luggage tag template.
- Provide information to the airlines: Usually, airlines place the sticky tag on your luggage that contains your traveling information. If airlines need more information, they can get it from your luggage tag.
- Track your luggage progress: When you travel by air, the airlines issue the bar-coded luggage tag that links you and airlines with your bag. They place it with your bag when you check-in. You can quickly know about your luggage place and get information about where it is heading.
What to include in the luggage tag
When you move from one place to another, luggage safety is essential to make the tour successful. A luggage tag is useful if it includes the essential information that helps identify the luggage easily. The information that should consist of for every luggage bag tag are as follows:
- It must contain the first and last name of the luggage bag owner.
- The phone number to contact if the owner lost it.
- It should contain the office address.
- The email address of the owner.
- It should include the alternative phone number in case of any emergency.
- The travel destination, flight information, and other contact resources on your inside luggage tag.
The above information should be placed on a carry-on or checked luggage bag tag to provide essential information to the bag finder for returning purposes. The tag templates are available in different sizes, which are well designed and allow you to include all the essential information to make it useful. If airlines include some wrong information on your bag tag, your own tag helps you identify and make this mistake right.
How to create luggage tag in Word
The luggage tag is an essential traveling accessory that must be included on your carry-on and checked luggage bag. Sometimes, it is time-consuming to make the luggage tag from scratch. For that purpose, you can easily download a free luggage name tag template in Word and other formats to make your work easier. See below to find easy steps to create a luggage tag in Word.
Step1: Open a “blank document” to click the “File” from the main menu, then click “New” and select “blank document.”
Step2: First of all, decide the size of your luggage tag. Go to the “Page layout” tab; click the “size” select the “More page size.” Adjust the size of your page as your need and set the margin of it.
Step3: Select an appropriate font size and style “Font” collection of the “Home” tab. Write your name, phone number, address, and other essential information to enter your luggage tag. The information you place should be followed by an appropriate label that defines the information placed in front of it. For example, you should write the label “phone number” followed by the phone number digits.
Step4: To add a background picture, go to the page layout and select the “fill effect” from page color to choose the background image.
Step5: To print the document, go to the “file” tab then select “print” from the file option with other settings.
Benefits of luggage tag
Luggage tag gives you lots of benefits to make your tour joyful without any problem of luggage stealing. It is common to steal and exchange the luggage when you are traveling. When you travel via air or bus, lots of people also travel with lots of suitcases that may match your luggage suitcase. In this situation, a luggage tag is the only option to reach your final destination with all of your luggage bags. Some significant benefits of luggage tag are as follows:
- It helps you identify your luggage bag from the baggage carousel at the airport and luggage storage place from the bus station.
- At the airport, the tag placed by the airlines helps you to know about your luggage bag.
- It helps to avoid the problem of picking your luggage bag by other travelers accidentally.
- The luggage tag allows the airlines to get more information about yours if you lost your bag at the airport.
- If your bag is exchanged with another traveler, then the information placed on it helps you get your luggage back.
Effective tips to keep your luggage safe
If you are a traveler, you may know about the problems that may arise if you lost your luggage bag. It may happen with anyone, but you can avoid this problem with some effective tips. Below we share some useful tips to keep your luggage safe:
- Don’t leave your bag at a crowded place: Either you are at the airport, bus station, coffee shop and any other place you travel don’t leave your bag at these places. Your luggage will be stolen in a second, and your whole trip will be ruined just because of little carelessness.
- Separate your valuable things: Don’t keep your valuables in your checked bag. There are more chances of stealing and exchanging it than carry-on bags. Always keep your valuable items like cash, identity card, and other legal documents with you.
- Always tie zips: The tie zips prevent your luggage from different small theft cases. The open zips may cause the dropping or loss of some essential luggage content.
- Use tags: As discussed above, luggage tag is essential to prevent your luggage from stealing and losing. You can quickly identify your bag from other similar bags, and in case of exchanging or losing the bag, it helps the finder to contact you.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should place two tags on your checked luggage, one for outside that contains the owner’s name and phone number and another for inside that includes some additional information about the owner.
What makes a luggage tag best?
Clear information placed on the luggage tag about the owner helps to prevent any stealing and losing issue, making it useful.
Is the luggage tag the best to identify the bag?
When there are some similar bags, then a luggage tag is the best way to identify your bag easily.
Where do I hang the luggage tag?
The luggage tag should be placed on the outside of the luggage bag.
Is it safe to put the home address on the luggage tag?
If you place your phone number on the luggage tag, there is no need to put the home address.
How to track the luggage with an airline tag?
The tag issued by the airlines contains some bar codes that provide information about your luggage progress.