Bowling is a popular game and if you have a bowling score sheet template, then it can help you much with the game. Download free printable Bowling score sheet in excel sample in this post.
Sports and games are very important for us. Sports and game are most easy way for mental and physical growth. Bowling is one of the most popular sports in the world. If you want to record you score in bowling then you need a bowling score sheet. A sheet or paper used to record your score is called score sheet. In case if you want to know what is bowling and how bowling is played? Then keep reading this post.
- How to bowl? Basics about bowling?
- Scoring in Bowling
- How to create bowling score sheet?
- Printable bowling score sheet
How to Bowl?
Bowling is one of the most popular games that can be played by many players at once. In this game, there is no age limit every person with any age can play. There are many styles in which this game can be played. Bowling consist of ‘10’ round in one game which is called frame. It’s minimum score is ‘0’ and maximum score is ‘300’.
Bowling game is called 10 pin bowling game, if it consists 10 pins. Player has ‘2’ chance per frame to knock down ‘10’ pins. If bowler knock down all 10 pins in first roll of a ball it is called “Strike” which is denoted by ”X” on the score sheet. If player roll down ball for 2nd time and knock down all the pins in second chance, it is called “Spare” and denoted by ”/” on the score sheet.
- 42+ Medical History Form Templates
- Fax Cover Sheet Templates
- 30+ Best Lesson Plan & Unit Plan Templates
- Travel Request Forms • Download or Print
- 30+ Printable Puzzle Piece Templates – 2019
Scoring in bowling OR Bowling scoring
It is very common question how does scoring in bowling work? Bowling can be played in many styles. In bowling, there are two chances per frame, the combined score of both the chances in the final score of that round/frame. If bowler is failed to knock down all the pins also in 2nd attempt then it is called open frame. Bonus are awarded to the bowler if all the pins are knocked down in first roll ball.
- If bowler scoring a strike he get 10 points for knocking down all the pins.Score of the next two frames of the strike are counted twice.
- If player achieving a strikes ,he gets two extra balls.
- If player achieving a spare ,he gets only one extra ball as bonus.
- For example,if the player achieves a strike in a first frame,in a second frame’s first attempt if he score 4 and 2nd chance of same frame he score 3 then,
- First frame total= 10+4+3= 17
- Second frame total= 4+3= 7
- Total score=17+7= 24
- In case of two consecutive strikes in two consecutive frame, in bowling it is called a player score a “double”.
For example,if player score double means in frame1= ‘10’ ,frame2= ‘10’ then in the 3rd frame player hit ‘5’ pins in first chance and ‘3’ pins in 2nd chance ,the total score will be calculated as:
- Frame 1 total = 10+10+5 = 25
- Frame 2 total = 10+3+5 = 18
- Frame 3 total = 5+3 = 8
- Total score = 25+18+8 = 51
- In case of three -day strike in a three frame,a player score a “triple in bowling” ,it also referred as “turkey”.
- 4 consecutive strike is referred as “Llama”.
- 6 consecutive strikes are called “pack” and also called “wild turkeys”.
- Nine consecutive strikes are called “golden turkey” in bowling game.
- 12 consecutive is referred as ”perfect game” in bowling.
How to create bowling score sheet?
There are some points which helps you to create a bowling score sheet.Following are the steps:
- To create “10”’ pins bowling score sheet ,you should have “Microsoft excel”.
- Assign proper heading for this sheet/paper as “Bowling score sheet or Bowling score card”.
- Create a column name as “Bowler name”, may have many rows in it for many participants.
- Create “10” another column for “10” rounds/frames.
- Create a box in each cell allocated to record point. Make another column to record the total score on each round.
- Save this document.
- Edit it as your need.