Table of Contents
- 1 Employment Verification Letter
- 2 When we need a Proof of Employment Letter
- 3 What should be included in the employment verification letter
- 4 How to request employment verification letter from employer
- 5 How to draft an Employment verification letter
- 6 How to verify the income and employment verification letter
- 7 Tips for writing an employment verification letter
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8.1 Who can provide employment verification letters?
- 8.2 What information can be released for an employment verification letter?
- 8.3 Does background check verify the employment?
- 8.4 How can I get my employment verification letter?
- 8.5 What is an income verification letter?
- 8.6 Can a former employer write an employment verification letter?
- 8.7 Related Templates
A proof of employment letter is used to provide proof of an employee’s employment. These employment verification form samples and templates are free and available in Word or PDF formats. In this article, you can find everything about the letter of proof of employment with an amazing collection of free samples and templates that helps you to get started.
It is also called an income verification letter, letter of employment, and employment verification letter to confirm the financial status of an individual. You can easily compose proof of employment letters with ready-made templates and see the samples of it for reference.
- Accounting Templates
- Art & Media
- Budget Templates
- Business Templates
- Calendar Templates
- Education Templates
- Inventory Templates
- Letter Templates
- Medical Templates
- Personal Templates
- Project Plan Templates
- Timesheet Templates
Employment Verification Letter
If you are applying for a loan, want to get insurance, a new job, and rent a house, they need a verification of your income and employment to know your financial status. An employee may need to request the HR department to verify the work of him to the third party by writing an employment verification letter on behalf of the company. Share the information with your employer or manager to include it in the letter of proof of employment. People use different terms for it like work verification letter and salary verification letter. The purpose of this letter is to verify the current employment status of an employee, salary details, and other things according to the reason for composing it. The best thing is that you can draft an employment verification letter by viewing the examples or samples and writing it efficiently by downloading the free templates to draft it in a standard format. If you want to start a business or build a house and apply for the loan, they need to know your financial position to decide whether you are able or not to repay this loan.
For that purpose, they ask you to provide proof of your financial status. Nowadays, this letter has significant importance in the financial institution to accept your application. It includes the necessary information about the employee, such as name, address, job title, how long he/she has been working, and company details. Sometimes you may need to have this letter when you apply for a new job then request your former employer to provide proof of working in their company. A letter of employment verified by your former employer works as proof of your experience that you have that helps you to get a new job.
When we need a Proof of Employment Letter
Proof of employment letter is important in different fields where the organization needs to know about your financial status and accept or reject your application based on it. You can find every kind of proof of employment letter templates with different elements depending on the reason. Below we share some reasons when an employee needs a letter of employment.
- Prospective employers: When an individual applies for a new job and states the academic record with work experience in the resume, the potential employer asks to prove this work experience. The person requests the former employer to provide proof of his/her employment by composing an employment letter that includes the information about his/her employment. Employers use the employee profile to get all the information about him. You can use the samples of employment verification for prospective employers that help you to write a perfect letter.
- Proof of employment for renting: An employment verification letter is required by the landlord when you want to take an apartment on rent. Before renting an apartment, the landlord needs to confirm your financial status to decide whether you can pay the rent. Landlord asks for the letter for employment to confirm that you are trustworthy or not.
- Employment verification letter for visa: If you want to get employment for a visa, you have to submit an employment verification letter that shows all the details about your employment, like job title, salary, how long you have been working, and so on. Get this letter by submitting a request in the HR department of your company or organization. You can ask them to submit what kind of information it should contain.
- Employment verification letter for the bank: It is considered one of the most important documents for submitting a loan application in the bank. They need to know your current financial and employment status to accept your application. Banks provide you the loan based on your financial situation; if your monthly income is high, then the bank provides you a large amount of money as a loan. An employment verification letter for the bank must contain the information about your salary. Make your work easier with a letter of employment for bank templates and verification form with all the elements that make it effective.
What should be included in the employment verification letter
An employee who wants to get an employment verification letter then he/she submit an employment verification letter in the company’s HR department and state properly to add all the essential information in it. If a letter doesn’t contain all the necessary elements, then all the processes repeat, which takes more time. Make sure it contains all the essential information according to the requesting needs that make it useful. Things that should be included in it are as follows:
- The company’s letterhead includes basic information about your company, like name, address, and contact details.
- Employee’s name, address, contact details who requested for this employment verification letter.
- The date when this letter is composed.
- Employment date.
- Employee salary details
- Employee job title
- Signature of the employer
- Social security number
The above things are essential to include in a job verification letter, but you can make it more informative by adding more details about employee and employment.
How to request employment verification letter from employer
The importance of employment verification letters is significant when a third party asks you to submit it, and the decision will be made based on this letter. Then, the employee needs the letter of employment from the employer as soon as possible. Below we share some steps that help you to get this quickly.
- Read the company’s policy: This is an essential step to take when you submit the request for a work verification letter. If you don’t know your company’s policy and submit the application in the wrong way, that may raise a problem for you. Read your company’s policy carefully, understand the method of application for this letter, and then go to the next step.
- Contact the HR department: After reading your company’s policy, the next step is to contact the Human Resources Department because this department of a company performs such type functions. They are responsible for handling all the activities of employees in the company.
- Fill out request employment verification letter form: The HR department may give you a request employment verification form to fill out. In this form, you state the reason for requesting this letter, when you need this, and other essential information. You ca
- Provide a piece of information to include in: The information included in the proof of income letter may differ depending on the reason for composing it. If the verification letter of the form doesn’t contain the required information, then it is useless. Make sure it contains all the essential information that makes it useful. Make a list of elements that should be included in it and give it to the HR department.
- State your contact information: At the end of the letter, write your name and contact details that may be used by the HR department to discuss anything about this letter. Close your letter with some positive words that show you are very grateful.
For that purpose, a background check authorization form is also used where an individual can access the information of his/her credit, employment, and educational history.
How to draft an Employment verification letter
If you use the employment verification letter templates, then it is much easier and faster to write. Sometimes it takes time in drafting because your employer doesn’t have any idea how to compile it. In this way, samples or examples of it guide you on how to write it, and templates available in Word and PDF help you to compose multiple letters like this easily. Below we share some steps that also help you to draft an effective letter of employment verification.
- Use the company’s letterhead on the top of the letter, which includes the name and logo.
- Under the company’s letter, write the name and address of the Employee.
- The date when the letter is composed of.
- The name of the third party.
- Write the name of the Employee, current employment status, salary details, and other information in the letter body that was requested to include by the Employee.
- The signature of the employer is very important to make it valid. Sign it off with an employer signature and contact information.
Make sure all the essential and correct information is included in it that was requested.
How to verify the income and employment verification letter
When a third party, like a loan company, landlord, government authorities, and other financial institutes, asks you to submit an employment verification letter, they still have doubted the validity of this letter. Below we share a few steps to verify the legality of this letter:
- Contact the employer: You can confirm the validity of this letter by contacting the employer who signed this letter. You can go to the office where he/she works and submit this letter or call the employer in the working hours to ask if he/she signed this letter.
- Request to submit a bank statement: If you want to confirm the income of an individual, then ask to submit the bank statement of the last two years. It is the best way to confirm the financial status of him.
- Income tax details: If a person is self-employed, you can ask him to submit the income tax details of the last two years. Income tax reports work as a proof of income of self-employed
- Credit card report: You can ask to submit the details of the last two years that show your monthly income, expenditure, and other information to know the financial status of an individual.
Tips for writing an employment verification letter
Below we share some tips for writing a perfect employment verification letter.
- The tone of the business letter must be professional. Use the words that show professionalism and avoid using emotional words like “I think” or “We think.”
- For business letters, there is a standard format to draft it. The verification letter should be written according to the standard format of the business letter.
- Remember to include the list of details that you received from the employee to include in this letter.
- The content of the letter should be written clearly and concisely. It increases the readability of this letter and is easily understandable by every person.
- Before sending the letter, make sure it should be free from any grammatical and spelling errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can provide employment verification letters?
The employer or manager provides the employment verification letter on behalf of the company.
What information can be released for an employment verification letter?
It contains the basic information of the company, name, job title, salary, and address of the employee who submitted a request to provide a job verification letter and name of the third party.
Does background check verify the employment?
A background check is also used to verify the employment of an individual. It can be used by prospective employers, financial institutes, and loan companies to confirm the individual’s financial status.
How can I get my employment verification letter?
Submit a request for an employment verification letter in the company’s HR department and provide all the necessary information that confirms his/her salary and employment.
What is an income verification letter?
Income verification letter is used to provide proof of your salary to the party who wants to confirm your income.
Can a former employer write an employment verification letter?
When you apply for a new job, the prospective employer asks you to submit an employment verification letter. The former employer writes a job verification letter to verify your employment.